We're locating and posting offers from sites that offer free prepper gear to add to your bug out bag, first-aid kits, EDC kits, etc. A lot of these types of items are actually pretty handy to have around for ordinary, everyday use as well! In addition, we're including other free resources when we locate them - including publications and stuff that's useful, not just for emergency preparedness, but also gardening, homesteading, off-grid living, etc!
Really…Free? The following survival items are free (how it typically works with these places is that you just pay for shipping, just read the details on each offer.).
So why would a company do this? Just like when you're wandering around at a grocery store or farmer's market where vendors give away free samples, it's a way to get a potential customer to try out their stuff. You get to know them and their products, and hopefully they will win you over as a paying customer in the future.
Note: These are affiliate links which means that if you do wind up buying something from them as a result of clicking them, we may be credited with the sale, and the merchant may pay us a small commission.
We'll add to this list whenever we locate a new merchant who wants to offer up some freebies!
- Optic Fire Starter by SurvivalLife.com This is handy - basically, if you've seen how people start a flame with a magnifying glass, then you'll know how this works. And yes, it doubles as a magnifying glass! Tucks into your wallet.
- Deck of "Survival Seeds" Playing Cards by SurvivalLife.com
- "Final Stand" T-Shirt from GetEmergencyGear.com (This is the famous "I Stand for the Flag; I Kneel for the Cross" T-Shirt)
- Survival "Business Card" by SurvivalLife.com - This is a cool little tool - about the size of a business card, that you can keep in your wallet. You never know when it will come in handy. Now, while the folks at Survival Life say it has "11 functions," some if it's a bit of a stretch (my opinion). For example, "Keychain/Lanyard Hole" is listed as one of the functions. Nonetheless, you'll never be without an edge that's strong enough to use as a screwdriver, a little ruler, bottle cap opener, and even a small "saw blade" which is actually pretty handy for some tiny applications. Anyway, it's another little freebie by Survival Life, so have a look here!
- Living the Country Life (Successful Farming) - This is a great online magazine from the folks at Agriculture.com. You can order the digital magazine, but just the posts alone here are worth looking at, and the site is worth bookmarking. See it here!